Is Daisy there? (Daisy 在吗?) 我就是。
This is she. 我就是。 (注: 男的用 This is he.)
Youre speaking/talking to her.
你正在跟她说话。 (注: 男的用 Youre speaking/talking to him.)
This is Daisy. 我就是 Daisy.
Thats me. 我就是。
状况 (二) 打电话的人要找的人不在
May I speak to Mr. Gates? (请问 Gates 先生在吗?)
Hes not here right now. 他目前不在这里。
Hes out. 他出去了。
Hes in a meeting right now. 他目前正在开会。
Youve just missed him. 你刚好错过他了。
Hes just stepped out. 他刚好出去了。
状况 (三) 打电话的人要找的人不在, 问他们是不是要留言
Can I talk to Mark? (我可以跟 Mark 讲话吗?)
Hes out on his lunch break right now. Would you like to leave a message?
他出去吃午饭了, 你要留言吗?
Hes not available1 right now. Can I take a message?
他不在, 我可以助你传话吗?
状况 (四) 打电话的人问他要找的人何时回来
Do you know when he will be back?
你了解他什么时间会回来吗?
Im sorry. I dont know.
抱歉, 我不了解。
I have no idea. 我不了解。
He should be back in 20 minutes.
他应该二十分钟内会回来。
状况 (五) 打电话的人问他要找的人在哪儿
Do you have any idea where he is?
你了解他在哪儿吗?
Sorry. I dont know. 抱歉, 我不了解。
Hes at work right now. Do you want his phone number?
他目前在上班。你需不需要他的电话号码?
状况 (六) 打电话的人要找的人不在, 想同意他们的留言
Can I leave a message? 我可以留个话?
Yes. Go ahead2, please. 可以, 请继续。
Of course. Hold on for just a second so I can grab3 a pen and paper.
当然, 稍等一下让我拿个纸笔。
Sure, if you can excuse me for just a second. Let me find a piece of paper to write it down.
当然, 假如你可以等我一下下, 让我找张纸写下来。
状况 (七) 同意他们留言时听不了解, 期望他们重复
When he comes back, can you have him call me at 5551212?
他回来后, 能否让他打 (206) 5551212 这个号码给我?
Can you repeat4 again, please? 能否请你再重复一次?
Again, please? 再说一次怎么样?
Pardon? 抱歉。(请再说一次)
Come again, please? 再说一次怎么样?
Im sorry? 抱歉。(请再说一次)
状况 (八) 他们期望留话, 怕听错了, 不想同意他们的留言
May I leave a message? 我能否留个话?
You know what? My English is not that great, and I dont want to miss anything. Would you mind calling back later? Im sorry.
你知不知道? 我的英文不是很好, 我不想听错话。你在意稍后再打来吗? 我非常抱歉。
If you dont mind, could you please call back and leave a message on the answering machine? My English is not very good.
假如你不在意的话, 能否请你再打一次, 然后在录音机上留言? 我的英文不怎么样。
状况(九) 打电话的人要找的人是其他人, 请他们稍等
Is Brandon there? Brandon 在吗?
Yes, he is. One moment, please. 他在。请稍等。
Hold, please. 请稍等。
Hold on, please. 请稍等。
Let me see if hes here. Hang on. O.K.?
我看看他在不在。等一下, 怎么样?
状况 (十) 他们打错电话
Can I speak to Alexander Walker?
我可以和 Alexander Walker 说话吗?
Alexander Walker? Im sorry, but theres nobody here by this name. Alexander Walker?
抱歉, 这里没这个人。
Im sorry. Im afraid youve got the wrong number.
抱歉, 恐怕你打错电话了。
What number did you dial5? 你打几号?
状况 (十一) 跟他们需要跟(打电话的人)刚刚已经通过话的人再讲话
Can you put Daisy back on? I forgot to tell her something.
你能否请Daisy再来听电话呢? 我忘了跟她讲一件事。
Sure. Ill go get her. 当然! 我这就去叫她。
状况 (十二) 电话没人接(或录音机)
旁人/你 (接电话的人)
Is he there? 他在吗?
No one is there. 没人在。
Nobody answered. 没人接。
No. I got the answering machine. 没! 是录音机。
状况 (十三) 电话打不通
Did it go through? (电话)打通了吗?
The line was busy. 电话忙线。
I got the busy signals 电话忙线。
状况 (十四) (因自己忙等缘由)请其他人去接电话
甲/乙
Paul, can you answer the phone? Im busy. Paul,
你能否去接电话? 我在忙。
Can you get it, Paul? My hands are tied. Paul.
你能否去接电话? 我目前不可以接。
Yes, dear. 是的, 亲爱的。
状况 (十五) 接到无人电话(就是打来了却不说话的那种)
旁人/你 (接电话的人)
Who called? 哪个打来的?
No one. He hung up on me. 没人。他把电话挂了。
Wrong number, I guess. He hung up without saying a word.
打错了, 我想。他一句话也没说就把电话挂了。
这一篇的「电话对答篇」 整理了几个录音机留言的参考范例。所有些例子都可以按我们的需要混合着用。
16. 范例 (一)
嗨!我是Abby.我目前不在家。请留言。 Hi! This is Abby. Im not home right now. Please leave a message.
17. 范例 (二)
嗨!这里是555-5555.大家目前不在。请留言。谢谢! Hi! This is 555-5555. Were not here. Please leave your message. Thank you.
18. 范例 (三)
嗨!我是Brenda.我现不可以接电话。请你留言。我会尽快回你的电话。 Hi! This is Brenda. I cant6 come to the phone at this time. Please leave a message and Ill call you back as soon as possible